I WILL NOT FAIL! At least that's what I have to keep telling myself. I added the "instant Sea Monkey eggs" to the tank today exactly 24 hours after adding the water purifier. The directions say to look for the little creatures (the size of a period) as soon as adding the eggs and gently stirring. I'm not sure what exactly I'm looking for. All I see is little green colored dots, some white dots and well...nothing is moving. Everything just kinda sits there, suspended in this purified water. There also seems to be an unusual amount of "eggs" sitting on top of the water. Having never done this before, I'm not sure that's supposed to happen, but I could be wrong. Despite the lack of movement, I am not discouraged. My research has told me that it is almost impossible to NOT HATCH at least a few Sea Monkeys. (these people have not yet met me, apparently)
According to All About Sea Monkeys:
If your eggs did not hatch immediately:
1. Look Closer DUH.
2. Did you wait 24 hours after adding the purifier to add the eggs? Uhm. Yeah.
3. Did you accidentally add Packet 1 and Packet 2 at the same time? Nope.
4. Did you use the correct amount of water? Yes, if the correct amount of water is supposed to be up to that little squiggly fill line on the tank.
5. Is the temperature correct? Well, honestly, I'm not sure. I may or may not have put a thermometer in the water and no temperature even registered. (insert paranoid smiley here)
Well, all in all, I THINK I followed directions. But never fear! The website says that even if I @$*C$# up, they will hatch! That is just how amazing these Sea Monkeys are! It just may take a few more days.
Well, that's my update for today. Since I neglected to take any pictures in my moments of despair...I'm going to leave you with this. Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment